Next week brings two very exciting things on the same day - my birthday and the release of SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY by Julie Murphy. In honor of Julie and her debut, I'm putting together a bucket list of my own.
So what's on my bucket list? I have ex-boyfriends, but I think I get along pretty well with all of them so I don't anticipate getting any kind of revenge there. I don't really have an arch nemesis, although if I did it would probably be an elephant poacher or someone who litters a lot. But I do have a few things I'd like to accomplish that I can think of off the top of my head, so here goes.
1. Go To Ireland - This one might seem easy, but in true fashion I'm going to make it more difficult than the average hop across the pond. My goal is to trace my ancestors back to Ireland (I'm close) then trace that line forward to living relatives that I can go visit. Maybe they'll pick me up at the airport and let me sleep on their couch.
2. Ride A Mechanical Bull - Why? I don't know. I think it's because I saw Urban Cowboy too many times when I was growing up because I had a Charlie Daniels addiction. For whatever reason, riding a mechanical bull seems like the biggest way to express your lack of inner concern. Also a grew way to damage your spine permanently, which is why I should probably do it sooner rather than later.
3. Throw My Drink In Someone's Face - I've never really had this opportunity. I generally get along with people and have never had anyone insult me to my face to the point that I felt like dousing them with alcohol. Mostly when people do get really mad at me, I'm so amused at their reason that I mock them. Besides it's a waste of a drink.
4. Way Overdress For A Trifling Event or Way Underdress For A Really Important Event - This just seems like something I would do. I don't know that it would be a smart move, it just seems like a Mindy move. Like I'm going to wear my wedding dress (is there such thing as an ex-wedding dress?) to a book signing and wear jeans to the Oscars (because obviously I get invited every year and just haven't gone yet).
5. Make A Dress Out Of My Book Covers - It would be interesting. I could wear it to the Emmys (which of course, I'm also invited to every year and just haven't made room in my schedule for) and sit next to Lady Gaga.